History and Benefits of Golden Milk:
Golden Milk is one of the most famous remedies in Ayurvedic medicine originating in India. Traditionally, the mix of spices is added to a pot of milk or milk alternative, brought to a simmer, and served hot. The potent healing properties in Turmeric, Ginger, and Cinnamon make this blend great for immune health, weight-loss, and digestive discomfort. Turmeric is famous for its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties, making it a wonderful remedy for those suffering from injuries, joint pain, and build up of toxins.
Golden Milk Ingredients:
How to make Golden Milk:
Golden Milk can be made hot or cold, with milk or milk alternatives (i.e. Almond Milk, Coconut Milk), or added to coffee as a health shot.
1. How make Hot Golden Milk: Bring 8oz of milk (or milk alternative) to a simmer, add 1 tsp of Golden Milk, let simmer for 5 minutes, stir, and enjoy.
2. How to make Cold Golden Milk: Use 8-16oz of milk (or milk alternative) and 1 tsp of Golden Milk, shake or stir until the Golden Milk is completely dissolved (similar to chocolate milk).
3. How to make Golden Milk health shots with Coffee: Add in 1-2 tsp of Golden Milk to Coffee ground or add Golden Milk with creamer.
Health Tip: Add a pinch of black pepper to boost the benefits of Turmeric!
Enjoy a delicious treat this holiday season with some Golden Milk! Make sure to send us a photo of your batch for a special discount code. Recipe and info below.
Golden Milk Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of Golden Milk
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup of melted and unsalted butter
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift Golden Milk , flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter, and granulated sugar together in a large bowl. (It’s best to use an electric mixer.)
- Fold in vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk until the mixture is light, creamy, and free of clumps.
- Mix flour mixture in with creamed butter.
- Continuing mixing until dough is blended.
- Use a tablespoon to form cookies, leaving 2–3 inches in between each serving.
- Bake in the oven until edges are lightly browned, an average of 8–10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
To Save 15% on your next order email us a photo of your Zen’s Tea House Golden Milk Cookies. Email Info@zenstea.com
Brewing your tea doesn’t have to be hard; follow these steps for the perfect cup of tea.