Boil water with stevia and spices.
Put 4 cups of the water and the stevia in a medium saucepan. Add cinnamon, ginger slices, and/or a few allspice berries if you would like. Heat until boiling and the stevia has dissolved.
Steep with dried hibiscus flowers
Remove from heat. Stir in the dried hibiscus flowers. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
Strain into a pitcher and discard the used hibiscus flowers, ginger, cinnamon, and/or allspice berries.
(At this point you can store ahead the concentrate, chilled, until ready to make the drink.)
Add remaining 4 cups of water (or if you want to chill the drink quickly, ice and water) to the concentrate, and chill.
Alternatively you can add ice and chilled soda water for a bubbly version.
Add a little lime juice for a more punch-like flavor.
Serve over ice with a slice of orange or lime.
Zen's Agua de Jamaica
- 35 min to make,
- yields 2 quarts
- 2 quarts water
- 1 to 2 tsp Zen's Stevia Leaves(depending on how sweet you would like it to be)
- 1 cup Zen's Hawaiian Fruit or Hibiscus Tea.
- 1/2 cinnamon stick (optional)
- A few thin slices ginger (optional)
- Zen's Elderberries (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Orange or lime slices for garnish