Our Masala Chai is an authentically blend of traditional Indian spices (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves) and black tea. This blend is the heart of India. This special blend of spices creates a warm, sweet, and soothing sensation for the palate and body.
Health benefits include:
- Ginger: relieve nausea, improve stomach performance, reduce inflammation, fight respiratory problems, improve blood circulation, relieve menstrual discomfort, strengthen immunity, relieve stress.
- Cinnamon: anti-inflammatory, soothes an upset stomach, relieve indigestion, help keep blood sugar levels balanced, enhance circulation, and improve insulin efficiency, making it an ideal spice for diabetics. It is also very high in glutathione, the body’s major antioxidants.
- Cardamom: prevent digestive issues triggered by bacterial infections and help reduce blood pressure levels
- Cloves: possess anti-inflammatory properties, improves digestive disorders, including excess wind and indigestion. A main component in cloves called eugenol is noted for its ability to help relieve gum pain and general inflammation
- Black Tea: Antioxidants called polyphenols in black tea may help prevent DNA damage in the body, help deter weight gain and promote fat loss, lower blood sugar levels, and the chance of developing type-2 diabetes, lowers risk of heart attack and cardiovascular disease, reduce blood pressure, helps to provide mental alertness and energy
For more information:
“Many people drink black tea for alertness and energy. There is good scientific evidence to show this works. Black tea contains caffeine. It also contains a little bit of a stimulating substance called theophylline. Both can speed up your heart rate and make you feel more alert. Black tea is also full of healthy substances called polyphenols. Polyphenols are antioxidants that can help protect your cells from DNA damage.”
Brewing your tea doesn’t have to be hard; follow these steps for the perfect cup of tea.