$15.99 – $45.99
Dairy FREE. Zen’s Golden Milk is a mix of Turmeric, Ginger, and Cinnamon powder, 100% Organic! GMO free & hand mixed, assembled & packed; like Grandma’s cookies but healthier.
Golden Milk is one of the most famous remedies in Ayurvedic medicine. Traditionally used for pain relief, arthritis & inflammation.
3 Simple Ingredients:
Historically this remedy is mixed with spices and added to a pot of milk or milk alternative, brought to a simmer, and served hot.
The potent healing properties of Turmeric, Ginger, and Cinnamon make this blend great for immune health, weight-loss, and digestive discomfort. Turmeric is famous for its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties, making it a wonderful remedy for those suffering from injuries, joint pain, and build-up of toxins. Click here to learn more about Joint Pain & Arthritis ZENS MED.
Health Tip: Add a pinch of black pepper to boost the benefits of Turmeric!
How to make Golden Milk:
Golden Milk can be made hot or cold, it can be made with milk, milk alternatives (i.e. Almond Milk, Coconut Milk), or added to coffee as a health shot.
1. How to make Hot Golden Milk:
Bring 8oz of milk (or alternative) to a simmer, add 1 tsp of Golden Milk, let simmer for 5 minutes and enjoy. Add pepper to increase health benefits.
2. How to make Cold Golden Milk:
Use 8-16oz of milk (or alternative) and 1 tsp of Golden Milk, shake or stir until the Golden Milk is completely dissolved (similar to chocolate milk)
3. How to make Golden Milk health shots with Coffee:
Add in 1-2 tsp of Golden Milk to Coffee ground or add Golden Milk with creamer.
Turmeric contains an exceptionally long list of biological effects demonstrated in preclinical models and in human medical studies. The use of turmeric, the dried powdered rhizome of C. longa, and of other species of the same genus, that are native to south and southeast Asia, for the treatment of various diseases, dates back to antiquity. Ethnobotanists have reported that this plant has been used throughout a large part of human history, in particular in Orissa, India, and probably well before the great Indus valley civilization. However, the paucity of historical records regarding its origin suggests that it was cultivated in more than one center. Trade by sea and land, with the exchange not only of spices but also of spice plants, has certainly contributed to the spread knowledge regarding its medicinal use over great distances in antiquity, before being later transmitted to the Middle East, Africa, Europe and America. From the middle of the 18th to the first third of the 20th century, the first pharmacological described the numerous uses of turmeric. In it was identified major chemical principles and documented the successful treatment of hepatic and biliary diseases in patients in the scientific literature. In addition to being choleretic, the antiseptic properties of turmeric were considered to be responsible for the therapeutic effects observed in patients with biliary diseases.
Enjoy a delicious treat this holiday season with some Golden Milk! Make sure to send us a photo of your batch for a special discount code. Recipe and info below.
Golden Milk Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of Golden Milk
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup of melted and unsalted butter
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift Golden Milk , flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter, and granulated sugar together in a large bowl. (It’s best to use an electric mixer.)
- Fold in vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk until the mixture is light, creamy, and free of clumps.
- Mix flour mixture in with creamed butter.
- Continuing mixing until dough is blended.
- Use a tablespoon to form cookies, leaving 2–3 inches in between each serving.
- Bake in the oven until edges are lightly browned, an average of 8–10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
To Save 15% on your next order email us a photo of your Zen’s Tea House Golden Milk Cookies. Email Info@zenstea.com
I mix my Golden Milk with my chocolate fudge probiotic shakes, and add half of a banana. Tastes really good.
Great quality. Product arrived fast.
Will continue to order online.
Love my tea I take it every day
I have been putting a teaspoon in my oatmeal every morning. I have arthritis and I am pre-diabetic. The tumeric is good for inflammation and cinnamon for diabetes. The bonus is that it tastes great! I also put it in a glass of almondmilk as a treat at night.
Both my daughter-in-law and I use the Golden milk whenever we have pain caused by inflammation and we both notice far better results than when we use ibuprofen, which is what the Dr. recommends.