Dandelion is an herb that is native to Europe. Dandelion root has been used historically in diverse parts of the world to improve a variety of bodily functions and ailments. People use dandelion for conditions such as swelling (inflammation) of the tonsils (tonsillitis), infections of the kidney, bladder, or urethra (urinary tract infections or UTIs), and many others. Dandelion contains chemicals that may increase urine production, prevent crystals from forming in the urine, and decrease swelling (inflammation). If you enjoy our Dandelion Root, try our Zeke’s Blend!
Benefits of Dandelion Root:
- When consumed properly dandelion root acts as a diuretic, specifically it can be used to cleanses the blood and liver, and increases bile production. The root can reduces serum cholesterol and uric acid levels
- Dandelion root also improves the functioning of the kidneys, pancreas, spleen, and stomach
- It also relieves menopausal symptoms, and is useful for abscesses, anemia, boils, breast tumors, cirrhosis of the liver, constipation, fluid retention, hepatitis, jaundice, and rheumatism. Summary by Hypolipidemic and Antioxidant Effects of Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) Root and Leaf on Cholesterol-Fed Rabbits, an article published by the International Journal of Molecular Sciences
- Because dandelion contains a rich source of beta-carotene which we convert into vitamin A, it is believed that dandelion root can help prevent age spots and breast cancer
- Dandelion is used to increase urine production and as a laxative to increase bowel movements; please consult with your medical physician
- It is also used as skin toner, blood tonic, and digestive tonic
- Some people use dandelion to treat infection, especially viral infections, and cancer
For More Information:
“Dandelion has been considered a key anti-diabetic plant because of its anti-hyperglycemic, anti-oxidative, and anti-inflammatory properties ” The Physiological Effects of Dandelion (Taraxacum Officinale) in Type 2 Diabetes &
Brewing your tea doesn’t have to be hard; follow these steps for the perfect cup of tea.