Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is a traditional medicine from India has been used to help combat anxiety and insomnia, and has been used for centuries to help with male sexual function. It belongs to the Solanaceae family and is also known as Indian ginseng or winter cherry. It is an adaptogen, which means that it has the ability to help the body to manage stress. Testing has shown that Ashwagandha root causes a significant increase in white blood cells, which makes it excellent for the immune system when recovering from a chronic illness or surgery. It has also been used to help the pain of arthritic conditions. It has a positive effect on the endocrine and central nervous systems as well as the heart. It may help the body to regulate and possibly produce natural thyroid hormones. Please check with your doctor before using if you have any thyroid-related conditions or are using hormone replacement therapy.
Benefits of Ashwagandha:
- Anti-inflammatory and Anti-oxidant properties, is good for problems. It strengthens the heart muscles and can also control cholesterol
- reduce the cortisol levels in the body and thereby possesses anti-stress properties
- Sexual Health Benefits for Men and Women: sexual health in men include a boost in fertility, libido, and levels. Sexual health in women include balance hormones during menopause and increase libido.
- Hematopoietic: increases red and white blood cell production, which in turn help boost immunity
- Anti-stress and Anti-anxiety: reduce the cortisol levels in the body and thereby calming the body and mind
For More Information:
“Studies indicate ashwagandha possesses anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antistress, antioxidant, immunomodulatory, hemopoetic, and rejuvenating properties. It also appears to exert a positive influence on the endocrine, cardiopulmonary, and central nervous systems.” Scientific Basis for the Therapeutic Use of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha): A Review
A 2011 scientific report on the plant, published in the Journal of Stress Physiology & Biochemistry, indicates that it has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidizing, anti-stress, sleep-inducing, and drug withdrawal properties. It also acts as a tonic that boosts and improves overall health and longevity.Nature’s treasurer: plants acting on colon cancer
“Withania somnifera is a dietary supplement composed of various nutrients, polyphenols and alkaloids that have free radical scavenging capacity, as well as other chemical constituents that possess anti-inflammatory, antitumor, anti-stress, antioxidant, immunomodulatory, and rejuvenating properties.” Recent advances in elucidating the biological properties of Withania somnifera and its potential role in health benefits
Brewing your tea doesn’t have to be hard; follow these steps for the perfect cup of tea.