Black tea is a true tea that comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. Black tea leaves are allowed to fully oxidize before being processed and dried, which makes the leaves dark brown and gives the tea its signature flavor profile. Black teas tend to be bold and brisk, and they are often described as astringent.
Benefits of Black Tea:
- Antioxidants called polyphenols in black tea may help prevent DNA damage in the body
- deter weight gain and promote fat loss
- lower blood sugar levels and the chance of developing type-2 diabetes
- lowers risk of heart attack and cardiovascular disease
- reduce blood pressure
- helps to provide mental alertness and energy